FRATII PETREUS: ROMANIAN TRADITIONAL MUSICIANS LIVE IN LIMERICK CITY
Sunday 5th February @ 4pm & Wednesday 8th February @ 1pm Daghdha Space, John's Square, Limerick & Irish World Academy of Music and Dance, University of Limerick
A unique occasion to see Fratii Petreus (Petreus Brothers) live in Limerick City, Sunday the 5th February 2012 at 4pm in the Daghdha Space, John's Square, Limerick City, Ireland
The Petreus Brothers, will also perform on Wednesday 8th February at 1pm in the Irish World Academy of Music and Dance, University of Limerick, as part of the lunchtime concert series.
This is a rare opportunity for Romanian folklore musicians to share the true value of traditional music with the Irish music lovers and Irish musicians.
Stefan and Ioan Petreus have brought for over 50 years moments of delight in Romanian houses with their amazingly happy and sad songs.
So popular these songs grew in popular culture that now, Romanian parties will hardly end without someone singing "Io-s fecior de morosan" (I am a Morosan lad) or "Asa beu oamenii buni" (That's how good folks drink). See below links to various videos including a rare recording from 1974.
When Ioan has sadly passed away in 2002, Stefan thought that his violin will forever be silenced. After years in which the requests from the public continued to come in his way, he decided to do what he does best: to represent the Maramures traditional music and to pass it on to the next generation.
Today, next to his son Andrei, they continue to bring to life, through the strings of their "cetera" (violin) and "zongora" (guitar), emotional songs about human characters, beauty of the nature, love, traditional Romanian dances and songs for parties.
Whenever they are on stage, the Petreus brothers are dressed in the regional costume from Maramures, one of the most beautiful parts of Romania.
Please check more details on the IRCBA website.
- Brachata Festival - Festivalul Steagurilor
- Revista ITACA a fost lansată oficial sâmbătă, 6 aprilie 2013
- Sărbătoare de Ziua Europei
- Spectacol – “De la Români pentru Români”(2)
- Prezenţe româneşti la Jameson Dublin Film Festival (16-26 Feb 2012)
- FRATII PETREUS: ROMANIAN TRADITIONAL MUSICIANS LIVE IN LIMERICK CITY
- Concert - Maria Sarabas - 17, 18, 19 Februarie 2012
- Guitar & Pan Flute duet
- ...Un ghiocel din inima mea, O primavară pentru sufletul tau...
- De Ziua Naţională a Culturii, Secretarul de stat pentru românii de pretutindeni, Eugen Tomac, a acordat un premiu special jurnalistei Zinaida Izbaş